Thursday, May 5, 2011

Finding my passion....one bead of sweat at a time

I got to the YMCA last night and was excited to teach class. It is so interesting how I was so afraid to even attempt to teach and now I am finding myself so ready to fill up my classes! I feel as if I am stepping into my own power at the ripe ole age of 33. I now know the meaning of passion and I am ready to continue learning about my own. I have heard people talk about loving their job and I could never really comprehend what that felt like. I have liked jobs but nothing that made me so excited to go to "work", so in love with what I was doing that the money didnt matter, so high on life after I am done with my "work" it makes me a happier person. If I would have held onto my fear of teaching and never taken this step, I would have never known these feelings and let me tell you.........they are delicious!
My new favorite day of the week is Sunday when I teach at Fly Fitness. The studio is just gorgeous and the people who workout and teach there are all so hard working and so fun!
Although I still get nervous to teach, I have so much more confidence because I have gotten to a place where I have proven my own strength to myself. I had to give myself permission to fail before this all started. I would drive to teach a class and I would be SO FREAKED that I would calmly tell myself, "Casey, it doesnt matter what happens here. All I need you to do is have fun. That is it. If you suck, you suck. Its okay." That personal conversation really helped me to go for it. I have found that I love motivating people so much that teaching cycling has become a dream come true. I love teaching because it allows me to push people beyond what they think they are capable of. I am there to help guide people through an intense experience of strength, power and balancing all of their energies. Teaching Cycling is not just teaching Cycling to me, it is an "experience." I want to help people let go of the negative and realize their own strength! I feel so incredibly proud of myself and that is not something I have ever felt. Not like this. I am someone who is afraid to speak in public. I have always been someone who was afraid of being responsible for leading a group although I always knew I was a leader deep down in my heart. I have never been confident sharing all of my thoughts (even though I do anyways) and when I am with a class I let go of all my doubts. It really is a divine moment when my desire to be a good coach takes over and my fear of what others will think vacates the building. At 33 years old I have given myself permission to LET GO and find my true passion. This is all so exciting! I day dream of teaching more and more classes and being there to coach all different kinds of people. I am so in love with fitness that this is such a good combination for me.
The shift in my energy after I teach a class is so AWESOME! I definately feel recharged, happy, connected and in love with the world!
The reason I am sharing this is because I want everyone in the world to feel this if they want to. I had alot of opportunties to teach before this time and I stepped away from them and made excuses because I was afraid to fail. I am going to make it a point to really slow down and think about what I want. I dont want to let fear stop me from living a life full of awesome. Now that I have experienced pure positive joy to the max, I want more more more!!!! I am so excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment