Friday, January 21, 2011

Dear Body

Dear Body,

I am writing because I want to say thank you. You are there for me everyday, ready to walk, sit, bend, twist, exercise, stand, hold my baby, hug my husband, etc. I know I take you for granted at times and I know I can be mean and I am really sorry about that. I do love you and I do appreciate everything you do for me. Took us a long time to get here but I really think we understand and appreciate eachother now more than ever.
You are so cool looking and so incredibly unique. There is no one else with my body and I need to appreciate your uniqueness more-- not let the TV goblins mess with my mind. There are some crazy awesome bodies on tv but it really doesnt have anything to do with us. You are still special to me, no matter what anyone else looks like. I dont need or want to compare you to anyone else and I vow to let that go. It is getting easier and easier as I get older and wiser. I dont know why people are afraid of old age, I personally, think its so helpful. I hope you are on board to grow old gracefully with me. I am thinking we are going to rock this joint until we are like.......atleast 100.

Thank you for giving birth to my son and keeping me healthy and strong through labor and delivery. You rocked during labor, let me tell you. Mentally I was a mess, but you, Body, you kicked ass. (I hope you liked the narcotic and the epidural, by the way. They were a nice touch for all parties involved if you ask me)

I really need to apologize for 1995-about 2007. I sure did party alot and I know I put you through the ringer. Atleast I have always been a water drinker, but I am very sorry about those years and hope you enjoyed it, atleast a little bit. I would use the phrase "its all part of growing up," but, I think I took that adventure a little too far alot of nights (and days).

I have learned alot about you over the years, Body. You love exercise but not an obsessive amount. You LOVE yoga and not always the heated kind. You really dont like gluten and dairy at this point, which is hard for me at times, but I understand, and know its important I honor that. You are the most happy when I listen to you and choose foods that will make you function at your peak. I am putting it all out there so I will apologize for the chocolate attack yesterday. You didnt deserve that and I will tell my emotions to chill out next time rather than giving in to their mood swings.

Not only do you love good foods and exercise but you really love to relax, which I appreciate. I will make more of an effort to pamper you. You work so hard every day and I really do push you to your limits. If I feel you needing a hot bath or a massage, I will make the time for those things. I hope you have noticed I have been meditating more. I struggle with that but it does feel good to just BE and to take a break from my monkey mind and detach from you for 5-20minutes.

Thank you so much for being my Body. I love you and I will continue to honor you the best that I can. Please continue communicating with me and I promise to listen. I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Ummm is it weird that this made me tear up a little! This is beautiful Casey, and inspiring! Thanks for posting it. Makes me realize I need to appreciate my own body more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might be the most inspiring thing I have ever read. Thank you Casey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me, Lisa Miller

    ReplyDelete
  4. omigosh I am tearing up that you guys appreciated it! I thank you so much for leaving a comment and it makes me feel so much more happy about posting this. I thought about deleting it from facebook all afternoon because its pretty personal. ITS STAYING UP! Thanks again for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete