Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chalene Extreme

I started chalene extreme (another beachbody workout) last week and I must say, I LOVE IT! I was a little worried because I had only done P90X and I figured nothing could compare. Surprisingly, I love Chalene and her workout. Even after a week, I love the way I feel after lifting weights. The dvd's are on average 35 mins which is perfect. You really can get a great workout in if you work hard enough in a short amount of time. There is a different dvd/workout five days a week with two rest days. Three videos are weights and two are more cardio focused. I love dvds at home because it saves so much time. I am a working mom which means I have to be at work at 8am, I get home at 4:45pm and that time is reserved for my family. I have made the decision to get up Monday-Friday at 5am to get my workouts in. I was inspired by the Biggest Loser (one of the best tv shows ever) to just decide I am going to wake up early and have that be MY time to workout. I actually love it because I am committing time to myself and not taking away any time that I could be spending with my son. The house is quiet, its just me and my dvd. Its hard as a mom because for some reason guilt can show up even when it doesnt belong. I do get guilty feelings that I am not doing enough for my family even when I am doing a great job. I conciously make an effort to tell the guilt to take a hike because it does not serve me. There is nothing wrong with giving time to myself when I need it. Still easier said than done but when I do it, IT FEELS GREAT. What I am trying to say is Chalene Extreme is working for me right now. I partner it with hot yoga which I do once or twice a week. Hot yoga is a whole nother topic because it is one of my favorite things on this earth.

So here I am starting this awesome workout, eating healthy, doing my do... but in the back of my mind (and ass) there is a few things slowing my progress, I think. I need to cut down on my coffee intake and my dark chocolate intake. I know I would see better results if I did so. I think sometimes I struggle with what I want. Do I really want to see better results or would I rather have my coffee and my dark chocolate? These two things seem to be almost an after meal friend only they might be a not as nice as I think friend. The kind of friend who tells you to cut all your hair off knowing that you will look like a man with short hair but she will look better standing next to you. (get rid of these friends if you have them.) I think for now I want to see what would happen if I cut back on those two things. I dont like being addicted to anything so its time to let go a little. I think food among many things is like a gateway to our subconcious. What am I trying to avoid by having a coffee every day after lunch? Why does it sound crazy to me to think of waking up and not grabbing coffee first thing? I want to see what happens and where my thoughts go when I let go of my addictions a bit this week. My one rule is that I commit to being nice to myself and respecting all of my efforts. I am not going to beat myself up for anything I do but just make decisions and stick with them. If I need to reevaluate my decisions so be it. So here I go. Let me be clear to myself, I am not going to have any dark chocolate this week and.........am I really saying no coffee??? er.......how about only one coffee beverage a day. yes, sometimes I was having two or three. yikes. Okay only one. Maybe next week none but for now, only one. I will report back of corse.

3 comments:

  1. I love Biggest Loser! So inspirational!! I love that is SHOWS that diet and exercise DO work. Now if I can just motivate myself to workout WHILE preggo - I have such trouble with that. I might have to adopt your 5am ritual. But maybe 5:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! I so so so appreciate it! Wait, are you prego again?! YOU GO GIRL! That is fantastic!

    When I was prego I slowed down alot but I think it was a well deserved break. Walking became my go to workout. Felt great although near the end I could barely keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! #2 coming in May! Thanks, we're so excited. I really have got to get walking, even if it's just 30 minutes a day. I don't mind gaining weight for a baby, or losing my shape, but working out makes me feel good, and I haven't been making it a priority. Such a tough balance!

    ReplyDelete