Monday, December 27, 2010

Dutch's First Christmas

Dutch turned 11 months on Dec 26. Such a great age for his first Christmas. I was a little worried because Dutch is on his schedule. In bed by 7pm every night. He has regular naps, etc. Dutch partied on Christmas Eve from 5:30pm until 10pm! He must take after his mother! I was so proud of him. Dutch can be a serious little guy. When he meets new people he gives them a stare down and pretty much stares through their soul for a few mins before he decides he likes a person. He LOVED the Christmas party and instantly felt comfortable with everyone. He was having a great time eating, unwrapping way too many presents, eating more, and climbing all over the tipsy adults. It was one of those times that makes your mom nerves tingle with joy.
As for the holiday eats I felt absolutely great. In my opinion the holidays are not about dieting. That would be like setting yourself up for failure. I personally dont want to restrict myself in a time of some of the most delicious foods the year has to offer. For me, I especially look forward to the sugary deserts and chocolate. HOLLER!
I think the holidays are a time to really listen to your body and get great workouts in.
I did my fair share of eating the "bad" stuff but I didnt push it. I know that if I eat too much sugar I dont sleep well and I get a tummy ache. At this point in my life I would much rather get a good nights sleep than eat as much as I can handle. It just feels so mean to stuff myself full off all the Christmas junk I see just because its there. As long as I am concious of what I am eating and feeling love for myself as I do it, I give myself the green light.
I was not always able to do this so naturally. Again, I give alot of the credit to giving birth to my son and falling in love with what my body was able to do. There was a time when I was incredibly mean to myself without realizing I had control of what I was doing. I would feel so out of control almost like the food was the RING and I was Frodo. It seemed to have magical powers over me and I would find myself feeling stuffed, disgusted, mad at myself and depressed during the holidays.
I suggest sending yourself love, doing mirror work (telling yourself you love yourself just like the Saturday night live skit) and slowing down.
It definately puts it into perspective now that Christmas has become more about my son and my family rather than what the Christmas buffet is serving.
Merry Christmas! Cant wait for New Years.........wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment